Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year Link Update


The following posts have been updated with working links:
  1. The Chieftains 5
  2. Clannad - First Album (1973)
  3. Dvořák: Symphony No. 9 - Barry Tuckwell, LSO
  4. Ed Luhrs - Digital Compositions (My Music)
  5. Grieg: Peer Gynt, Piano Concerto
  6. Gustav Holst - The Hymn of Jesus Etc.
  7. Lou Monte: Pepino the Italian Mouse
  8. Mahler: Symphony No. 7 - James Levine
  9. Martinu: Symphonies 3 & 6 - Vaclav Neumann
  10. Phish: Campus Club, Providence RI 3/13/92
Hooray! This should bring us up to date for the most part. If you haven't seen some of these, check them out. The only album I wasn't able to locate is Slatkin's recording of Walton's First, which is OK for now. Maybe I can come up with a suitable replacement in the weeks ahead. I love that symphony.

Cheers,
Angus

3 comments:

Ed said...

Who's even higher on my list than Walton? Martinu... if you haven't heard him yet, the recording above is a great place to start. I think I should to do a whole tribute post in the very near future.

Runs With Trauma Shears said...

I love the Chieftains. Thanks again for getting me into their music!

Ed said...

You're welcome, ma'am. Thank you for the introduction to The McDades and John Whelan, to name a few. Here's Whelan doing solo accordion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi1Ou89wakE